A Union workforce that is improperly managed can create confusion, frustration, and extra work for supervisors and manager, and added expensive to the company. Having a better understanding of what is legally required and developing strategies to more effectively manage that environment can save time and effort on your part, and improve your company’s bottom-line.
Matt Kennedy, UEA’s new Employment & Labor Law Attorney, will discuss various aspects and requirements of managing in a union environment. He will also provide best practices and colorful examples of what not to do based on his 20 years of experience in Labor Relations.
Attend this workshop to learn:
- What is Protected Concerted Activity and how best to address it
- When and how long management is required to bargaining with the Union over changes in terms and conditions of employment
- What access does the union have to the company’s employees and information
- How does past practice and side agreements impact the union/management relationship
- What are management rights and strategies to protect those rights
- How to more effectively manage the grievance and disciplinary action processes
This interactive workshop provides opportunities to discuss actual issues impacting your company and how best to address them. Attendees are encouraged to come to the workshop prepared to discuss examples of labor relations challenges they are facing or have faced in the past for a more lively and practical discussion.