Supervision Essentials: Role of the Supervisor
Wednesday - April 24th, 2013 8:30 AM
Facilitator: Paul Spindel
Location: Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon Street, Portland
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Session cost: $149 members/ $179 non-members
Series cost (all 5 workshops): $645 members/$795 non-members
Save $100 by attending the entire series!
Our Supervision Essentials series consists of five workshops that address key skills every supervisor should master.
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Building Productive Teams
You can attend any or all of the sessions; participants who attend all five will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Session 1: Role of the Supervisor
As a new supervisor, your role within the company changes dramatically. You now represent the company's management and must continuously work to improve processes and employee work styles in order to increase productivity and meet customer needs.
This course will explore the expectations of the supervisory position and help you:
- Understand organizational and individual values and boundaries, then assess their impact on decision-making
- Plan and prioritize your responsibilities
- Learn to delegate effectively
- Acquire skills and techniques to organize work and track progress
This course will also include a brief overview of future Supervision Essentials sessions.