Supervision Essentials: Communicating Effectively
Wednesday - May 1st, 2013 8:30 AM
Facilitator: Paul Spindel
Location: Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon Street, Portland
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Session cost: $149 members/ $179 non-members
Series cost (all 5 workshops): $645 members/$795 non-members
Save $100 by attending the entire series!
Our Supervision Essentials series consists of five workshops that address key skills every supervisor should master.
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Building Productive Teams
You can attend any or all of the sessions; participants who attend all five will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Session 2: Communicating Effectively
Communication is key to effective supervision. As a supervisor, you act as a bridge between management and your employees. You need to express yourself clearly and listen to both groups with an open mind. This workshop will give you the skills to accomplish both of those goals.
- Gain an understanding of effective communication
- Develop an awareness of your communication strengths and weaknesses
- Recognize how different personality styles influence effective communication
- Identify listening barriers and develop goals to overcome them
- Develop effective approaches to different modes of communication--written, face-to-face, and email