Supervision Essentials: Decision Making
Tuesday - May 7th, 2013 8:30 AM
Facilitator: Paul Spindel
Location: Multnomah Athletic Club, 1849 SW Salmon Street, Portland
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Session cost: $149 members/ $179 non-members
Series cost (all 5 workshops): $645 members/$795 non-members
Save $100 by attending the entire series!
Our Supervision Essentials series consists of five workshops that address key skills every supervisor should master.
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Communicating Effectively
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Building Productive Teams
You can attend any or all of the sessions; participants who attend all five will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Session 3: Decision Making
Does the thought of making decisions have you eyeing the nearest fire exit? If so, you're not alone--many new supervisors are given the authority to make decisions but not the training they need to do it well. Supervisors must identify the most effective decision-making strategy for a given situation, make sure everyone understands that strategy, and develop a plan to move forward. These are important steps, and our Decision Making workshop can help!
- Explore four decision making strategies and examine which work best in which situations
- Understand the impact of various strategies on employees
- Acquire the keys to effective delegation
- Learn to clarify decision making authority
- Consider the importance of trust in effective working relationships